Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Prayer and the Power of Tongues?

Last night I woke up at 4:00 am.  I couldn't convince my mind to just go back to sleep and I started thinking about the sermon I heard on Sunday.  Pastor Robert Morris spoke about The Pure Language AKA "Speaking in Tongues".  I knew of it, even heard someone do it before, but had absolutely no idea what it meant or how it happens.  I thought it was an "encounter" not a choice.  

After hearing this sermon (please click here to watch it online) I started to think I really want to try that.  You see when I pray, it's the most simple short prayers because I always say "You know what I mean ...and let Your will be done."  I'm completely awkward and usually throw in a joke to make Jesus smile.  I just can never feel like I should to tell God what he should do.  

It's about 4:30 am by now and I muster up the courage to give speaking in Tongues a try.  I start thinking in my head different syllables to create my pure language.  Kind of like a test run before actually speaking.  Then all of a sudden my throat felt so hot and I got a lump as if I couldn't swallow.  The only thing I could think to do is speak the words out loud.  I did and only for a short while, but I knew that the Holy Spirit had been dying to talk.  It felt so easy and effortless, because I was taking the backseat.

Have you tried it before?  Did you even think of it as an option?  If you are a Believer it doesn't hurt to give it a shot.  Have the courage to try.

Love, Sarah

1 comments:

Steve/Dad said...

Good Morning, Sarah. Isn't it cool! Wait until the other Gifts of the Holy Spirit start happening! Pray everyday in the Spirit.

Post a Comment

 
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow on Instagram Follow on Pinterest Subscribe via Bloglovin' Follow Kittens and Pitbulls