Saturday, February 6, 2010

Albercht Durer

When we were at The Museum of Fine Art in Boston I was mesmerized by Albercht Durer's (German, 1471-1528) engraving and woodcut prints. The fine detail and imagination in them were astonishing. Paul and I literally stared at them with our mouths open in amazement.

If you ever get the chance to see his work, please take advantage of the opportunity!


Knight, Death, and the Devil, 1513

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, 1497-98

Adam and Eve, 1504

The Beast with Two Horns like a Lamb, 1498

I really liked Albercht's monogram. It was almost like playing Where's Waldo in finding it in all his prints.

...Wish us luck! Tomorrow we're going to go visit Serena for the first time as her official tiger adopted parents! :)

Love, Sarah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow on Instagram Follow on Pinterest Subscribe via Bloglovin' Follow Kittens and Pitbulls