Saturday, October 29, 2011

Costa Rica: Herman the Poisonous Dart Frog


Paul just loves poisonous dart frogs and almost every trip we'll see them on our patio.  I've never been able to get a good picture of one so I was determined this trip.  When Paul saw this guy, he immediately named him Herman.  

I took 452 pics of Herman!  I started off taking them through our glass doors, then I decided to crack the door open, but then I got some kahunies and hung out with him for a good 45 minutes.  He was totally aware of me and we did a little dance by going from one end of the patio to the other and I just snapped away.



The common name of Poison Dart Frog originates from the Choco Indians of Colombia. The Choco knew that the frogs emitted a toxin from their skin. The Choco would rub the tips of their arrows across a frog's body to make the arrow head poisonous. 

Isn't Herman a brave cutie?!

Love, Sarah

...oh and I just read that they like termites, so that explains why they love our house!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow on Instagram Follow on Pinterest Subscribe via Bloglovin' Follow Kittens and Pitbulls