Thursday, November 10, 2011

Family and Renovation

I spent a wonderful evening with my mom and brother at the Taste of the Northeast.  My mom creates custom wine charms and my brother is an artist and also does commission pieces.  This is the fourth year they have participated with the event.  I'm so proud of them.

I forgot before I came home that we had a crew continuing the plans with our renovation.

We started on the renovation of our flat.  It took me off guard even though I knew what they were suppose to do.  

In the front office they took down all the ceiling panels to stain and to add more insulation from the ceiling.

They had all the panels lined up and I believe will start staining tomorrow.

They also took down all the art to clean the brick and put another coat of sealer on.

If you remember our living room from our home posts, there use to be a large entertainment center along this wall, surrounding the tv screen.  We had them remove it and will be redoing this wall and having the tv and stereo flushed into the wall with art work that it projects through.

They have been cleaning these ceiling tiles one by one for the past couple days.  You can tell their still working on the back half.  Scooter-pie our cat use to be able to climb on top of them through the loft and leave paw and belly prints from the dust on the other side.  Now they look brand new again.

We have so much more to do on our plans, but we currently got our estimate and it came out to $150,000!

  I don't know about you, but that was way over budget for us.  Looks like we're going to have to go back to looking at samples and replacing some of our woods and tiles with a more softer price tag.

Love, Sarah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow on Instagram Follow on Pinterest Subscribe via Bloglovin' Follow Kittens and Pitbulls