Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Vulture Amigo


Since day one here in Costa Rica I have fallen in love with the vulture.  

They fly over us every morning and swoop past our patio to make sure we're all alive.  They never make a sound.  They just soar through the clouds and look upon the jungle.  








Since falling for the vulture, I now question why they have such a bad rap.  They're not killers, but ultimately get the worlds left-over scraps.  They are so peaceful to watch.  Rarely flapping a wing and making a cry.  I would honestly miss them if they weren't in my daily habit to watch while I am here.  

(While I was taking these pictures he circled me several times really low.  He sees me everyday I'm here, so I can only assume he was posing for the camera.)

Love, Sarah


p.s.  Paul has posted a top 10 list on his blog.  You can see it by clicking here.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok so as a young child I became rather obsessed with large flying birds. Weird, I know. Because I live somewhat on the outskirts of SA, wildlife roamed, or in this case flew, around often. I would just stare at these creatures flying around our house all the time. At first I thought it was cool, then I remembered they circle dying things... creepy omen? Possibly hahaha

Post a Comment

 
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow on Instagram Follow on Pinterest Subscribe via Bloglovin' Follow Kittens and Pitbulls