Saturday, March 10, 2012

KONY 2012


Waking up this morning I finally realized I had time to watch the 30 minute prodigy video that is KONY 2012.   I've been taken by the war that involves children, it started with reading A Long Way Gone and getting to know Falling Whistles a few years back.  It opened my eyes to truth that you can't deny.  

This video also captured me.  

My husband has a huge heart especially to help others, but he also can be skeptical.  He immediately questioned this group and got upset that millions of people will probably not research what Invisible Children plan on doing with the money, if the facts are correct, and if it's the right thing to do for the war.  

Knowing there is always pros and cons with anything you do I did a little digging.  First, I checked to see what UNICEF's opinion was on the video.  Then, checked Invisible Children's 2011 Annual Report.  I read some articles from established publishers, CNN and The Guardian.

I then came across Invisible Children's replies to most critiques and looked at their LRA Crisis Tracker.

My mind started going all over the place and then it became still. 

Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, my Alpha and Omega is listening.  He's waiting for our cries for not only the children, but to bring Joseph Kony to his knees for forgiveness.  For Kony to realize he can no longer keep up the hate, the cruel and evil acts, and to run into open arms of unending love.  

There's not one person on this earth that does not deserve Gods forgiveness.  

My prayer is stronger than any war.

"I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move.  Nothing would be impossible."
Matthew 17:20

Instead of hate in your heart for this man.  Ask for his forgiveness.  Ask Jesus to make moves in his heart that he thought he was incapable of.  Ask God to bring his son home. 

Love, Sarah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow on Instagram Follow on Pinterest Subscribe via Bloglovin' Follow Kittens and Pitbulls