Monday, July 16, 2012

Work

Here's the deal, I can't sleep again and my mind is going crazy about a tricky subject to talk about. 

Work.

Luckily, I love my job and everyone that I work with.  The sticky part is I'm craving change.  So, do I talk about it on my very public open to anyone to read blog, or keep to myself?  Then again, I always think about you.  Maybe you're going through the same or similar situation and we can help each other by being open and sharing.

Let me fill you in on the low down.  I work at a production company that is .4 miles away from my home, in Downtown Dallas in the coolest building.  I call my co-workers friends and I couldn't appreciate my boss more than I do.  I make exactly what my goal salary would be and I get to vacation pretty much whenever I want.  I have freedom to be completely myself and wear whatever crazy getup I want each day.  Yeah, there might be the occasional hiccup with some pretty stressful times, but it's like your own family.  You can talk crap about the situation, but if anyone else says a word, you'll go to bat for your team.

So you might be wondering what the hell is wrong than.

Well, I don't feel like I'm reaching my maximum ability.  I feel that after two and a half years, I pretty much know what to expect the next day and there's something in me that wants to do more.  Not more on my to-do list, but more in utilizing my abilities.  I was telling Paul tonight that I'm craving the days when I worked three jobs.  Not the 17 hour work days, but the idea of waking up in the morning and getting prepared to be a bad ass.  I try to remind myself of this speech, and that I'm not special, but this stirring continues to come back to me. 

Trust me, I want to slap myself for even thinking this is a problem.  I too, know so many people looking for a single job, let alone complaining about a perfect one.  Do you sometimes feel the same way about your current job?  What do you find helpful to keep your mind in the game?

    ...hopefully now I can go back to sleep after clearing my mind.

Love, Sarah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow on Instagram Follow on Pinterest Subscribe via Bloglovin' Follow Kittens and Pitbulls