Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cathedral of the Holy Cross


The moment I took this picture I wanted to delete it.  I thought how rude of me to take a picture of someone praying.  Especially since it was a Monday and they felt the need to come into the house of the Lord.  Moments later the woman in the picture walked past me.  The signs of a hard life are so easily visible for others to notice.  I immediately became envious of her.  I knew God had such a special place for her and was listening to every word she had to say or didn't say.

You see, I would gladly give up everything to have that trust in Him.  The more you have it's easy to start to believe that you can take care of yourself.  That you don't need Him to perform a miracle for your food to last a few more days until payday.  I would rather have the markings of a hard life than a life with ease.  There's nothing like a hunger to hear Gods word and feel his comfort.   

 As I'm sitting here I have to believe that God has me right where He wants me.   

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5



The Cathedral of the Holy Cross is the largest church in New England.  Paul had seen it on the map and wanted to check it out.  I figured a church was a church, but oh-man I'm glad we went.  It was exquisite and I walked away in a better place than walking in.










It can seat over 1700 people and the Hood and Hastings pipe organ is from 1875.






I have to remember His doors are always open.

Love, Sarah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Join me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow on Instagram Follow on Pinterest Subscribe via Bloglovin' Follow Kittens and Pitbulls